Bad interpreter: Operation not permitted

I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is that your version of Mac isn't supported (you can see in the error message that you need at least Mac OS X 10.15).

The good news is you have a few different options on how to proceed. In increasing order of effort:

1. Use Stardog Cloud. You can reply here if you have any trouble getting set up.
  2. Upgrade your OS (if possible).
  3. Find/buy a more current machine (Linux or Mac).

Thats a pity after all the work we put in. :slight_smile: I will be able to setup a Ubuntu VM and will try install it on there. Have a nice weekend.

Hi again

I have installed the latest stardog version on a VM running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. It looks all is running fine, and no errors during install. I used https://docs.stardog.com/get-started/install-stardog/linux-installation guide.

But is there a particular address to enter to reach it?

When using the ip address of VM with port number 5820

I get an unable to connect when going to that address.

Kind regards,

When you started your Stardog server, on what HTTP server did it say Stardog was available? For example, when I start my Stardog server, I get:
Stardog server is listening on all network interfaces.
HTTP server available at http://localhost:5820.

You should be able to connect to whatever it says there (assuming port 5820 is open). If not, can you send the full text (not a screenshot) of the error message and your stardog.log file?

I found the issue. :grin: The license key was not yet in the stardog folder.

After doing this, and login using admin for both username and password. I was forwarded to stardog cloud web site and asked to login with my stardog cloud account. I did this, and after this went back to my local installed stardog environment, however, every time I now put in the local ip of my VM that runs the linux stardog installation, it forwards me to the online stardog cloud web site. I dont understand why this is happening. How do I open my local stardog installation?

Glad to hear you figured out the previous issue! "Opening the local stardog installation" isn't a thing. However, you can connect to one of our applications (Studio, Explorer, and Designer) via Stardog Cloud, which you already found. You can also run commands via the CLI or one of our APIs (HTTP and Java are the main two, but there are others).

If all of that sounds overwhelming (it was for me when I started using Stardog!), I recommend looking into our Getting Started Resources. That page has a bunch of beginner-friendly resources that'll help you kick the tires with Stardog.

Hi Steve,

Yes, overwhelming. :slight_smile:

But I cant understand from your answer how I can start the local installation to run without forwarding me to cloud page. How do I open the local installation and inside its GUI start configure it to get it ready to use it?

Kind regards,

Alain

Hi Alain,

The GUI I believe you're expecting to use is Stardog Studio, which is only accessible through Stardog Cloud.

Best,
Steve

Hi Steve,

What is the local linux installation for and the login request when opening the local linux installation web page. I dont understand this fully. :grin:

Hi Alain,

The Linux installation allows you to run your Stardog server locally. It doesn't contain a GUI, and there's nothing to open once the server is running. When the server is running, all that means is that you can run commands in the CLI (like stardog-admin server start, which you ran to start the server) or connect to that server. The way most people connect to their Stardog server is with one of our Stardog Cloud apps (Studio, Explorer, and Designer). The apps are beginner-friendly, and I highly recommend you check them out, as I think they're exactly what you're looking for.

The login request you're seeing when you go to http://localhost:5820 is asking for the credentials for your admin user. The admin user is the default user that comes with the installation, and it has the privileges to run any command. The admin user's credentials (by default, U:admin, P:admin, as you noted) are not the same as the credentials you use to log in to Stardog Cloud.

Best,
Steve

Thanks for explaining this.

Have a good weekend.

Alain