How to decrease size of /var/opt/stardog/data

Hello there,

I have faced with problem that when I use bulk load feature via HTTP API, directory /var/opt/stardog/data is being increased significantly and isn’t being decreased even if I drop database. How to reduce size of this directory? It contains a lot of files such as '000553.log', '000213.sst'.

Thanks

Hi Ruslan,

Make sure you run db optimize after bulk loading of data, this will put Stardog in the optimal state for answering queries and tidy up any file system artifacts.

Are you working on a use case that has severe filesystem limitations like an embedded device or IoT use case?

Thanks,
Al

Hi @albaker

db optimize (I use Stardog.studio optimize-button) doesn't help.

My scenario:

1. Bulk load creates 13 million triples, data dir consumes 3.9G
  2. I run db optimize after bulk load - data still 3.9G
  3. A drop this db - data become 2.8G
  4. I run partial bulk load again - data become 5.9G (db stores 6 million triples)
  5. Run db optimize - data become 5.8G

If I run bulk load every day, storage will run out very quicky (after few days)
I need to fix that

Are you working on a use case that has severe filesystem limitations like an embedded device or IoT use case?

No, I allocated 15Gi for Stardog, Obviously, I can increase to 30G,100G and so forth, but it doesn't resolve issue, data dir will increase constantly until disk will be used 100%.

I use stardog version 7.6.2

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.