Run Stardog API, SNARL example with Maven

My first attempt to run the StarDog 5.0.4 Java examples for SNARL fails, because of an import that doesn't work.

The example I tried to follow was the suggestion from the Documentation and it is in Example of how to use the native Stardog API, SNARL · GitHub. The failing import is:

import com.complexible.stardog.protocols.SNARLProtocolConstants;

I followed the instructions and included in my pom the required parts (I think !). I added the "client-snarl":

<repositories>
    <repository>
        <id>stardog-public</id>
        <url>http://maven.stardog.com</url>
    </repository>
</repositories>
<dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.complexible.stardog</groupId>
        <artifactId>server</artifactId>
        <version>5.0.4</version>
        <type>pom</type>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <artifactId>client-http</artifactId>
        <version>5.0.4</version>
        <type>pom</type>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <artifactId>client-snarl</artifactId>
        <version>5.0.4</version>
        <type>pom</type>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, As of 5.x the SNARL protocol has been deprecated and removed. Only the SNARL API remains. That gist is outdated; the most up-to-date version of that example can be found in our examples repo

Thank you very much.

Dear Stephen

Do you know if there is a list of the Maven dependencies for Geospatial, because I cannot find any information about it.

Is it possible to browse the public Stardog maven repository?

Thank you

Theofilos Ioannidis

I’m not sure exactly what you’re looking for but you can see all the dependencies by running mvn dependency:tree from your application.

Dear Zachary

I am trying to programatically create a Geospatial database in Stardog (community edition), populate and run some queries on it. I am using Java+Maven in Netbeans 8.2 and I want to include in my project’s POM a depedency for geospatial. But I do not know the groupid+artifactid+version+type.

Kind regards

Theofilos Ioannidis

I see. There are no specific dependencies for the geospatial features, it’s a part of stardog:server but it is an enterprise feature so you won’t have access to it with a community license. You can get access to those features with the 30-day developer trial license or a full enterprise license.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.