Send a query to a different version of the DB

Hi

I use several versions of the database using version tags.
For example, the version tag that created the database is V0.
The database version tags created in order are V1, V2, and V3.
The current version tag is using V3.
At this time, I want to send the queries to V1, V2 and V3 respectively and see the results.
Is there a way to do this?

There is a way to use the vcs revert function, but this is not the method I want.
I am looking for a way to use only queries.

I have seen version history and database lookups if I use SERVICE here (Home | Stardog Documentation Latest).

I want to know if it is possible. I want to get support from the community in this part. :smile:

Hi Yoosung,

No, there’s currently no way to query a past state of the data. This is something we’re considering at the moment but there’s no planned release date.

Best,
Pavel

I think your only option is to take snapshots of your database at V1, V2, and V3. You can use vcs revert to get you back to your revision and then use db copy to get a snapshot of your database at that revision and then repeat for each revision. You’d only be using vcs revert to get the copies. You can then query your versions using service queries or you could possibly dump your versioned databases and load them into a single db in a named graph to avoid the service queries if you’re not using quads. If you really want to get crazy you can always do backups instead of copies and run three separate installations of Stardog running on separate ports or on separate machines. I’m not sure exactly what you’re looking to do so I’m just throwing ideas out there.

This might not be an option depending on your resources available and the number of triples.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.