CoreNLP 1.2 jar error at startup with Stardog 7.3.0

I'm trying to use the latest corenlp jar (v. 1.2), running the latest stardog image (7.3.0) through docker. I am passing the environment variable STARDOG_EXT=/var/opt/stardog/ext (where I've stored the file) when I first run command line. When I do this I get the error:

docker run -it -v ~/stardog-home/:/var/opt/stardog -p 5820:5820 --env STARDOG_EXT=/var/opt/stardog/ext stardog/stardog

An unexpected error occurred.

java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: Cannot instantiate SPI class: org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene40.Lucene40Codec

Waiting for running tasks to complete...done. Executor service has been shut down.

Stardog server 7.3.0 shutdown on Tue May 19 18:00:41 UTC 2020.

When I don't pass the environment variable stardog runs fine and I can use the other rdf extractors, so I'm thinking its the corenlp jar file. Is there modifications I need to do to be able to utilize corenlp?

Can you share the complete list of files you placed in STARDOG_EXT?

Thanks for the help Jess!

I only have the one jar file and some of the openNLP files from the tutorial.

bites-corenlp-all-1.2.jar
en-ner-person.bin
en-sent.bin
en-token.bin

were you able to figure out if I was doing something wrong in loading the corenlp jar?

I think I see what the problem is and we need to fix it and build a new release.

great... looking forward to it! If there is any work arounds you figure out I'd appreciate it.

Can you remove the bite-corenlp file and replace it with this one and give it a try?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p6TSLrOFjELKdxmKLQCfPVmTr0E131SS/view?usp=sharing

This time it started up Stardog without a hitch but when I tried to use the extractors I got this error:

Error creating edu.stanford.nlp.process.AmericanizeFunction

here's the full terminal commands and output:

$docker exec -it 'myContainerID' /opt/stardog/bin/stardog-admin db create -o search.enabled=true docs.opennlp.models.path=/var/opt/stardog -n projectData

Successfully created database 'projectData'.

$docker exec -it 'myContainerID' /opt/stardog/bin/stardog doc put projectData -r CoreNLPMentionRDFExtractor,CoreNLPRelationRDFExtractor,CoreNLPEntityLinkerRDFExtractor var/opt/stardog/example.txt

Error creating edu.stanford.nlp.process.AmericanizeFunction

Ok, one last time. I was able to successfully run with this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xy0D8x4tWKObk1PW8LJLmDO5Mdy_IG2P/view?usp=sharing

Thanks Zachary! It works now

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.