Could not find or load main class com.complexible.stardog.cli.admin.CLI

Hello,
I tried to update stardog from version stardog-5.0.3 to stardog-5.3.3.
However starting the server with this command :slight_smile:

stardog-admin server start

I get the following error :slight_smile:

Error: Could not find or load main class com.complexible.stardog.cli.admin.CLI

After changing the .profile to the old version the server will start whithout problems.

java -version
java version "1.8.0_121"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)

Can you please help me to identify the problem?

Thanks
Christina

What did you change in .profile? I’m guessing you’re changing STARDOG_HOME. t’s probably getting confused between the correct STARDOG_HOME and the correct Stardog-admin on your path. Even if you source the file the path is probably still wrong. Make sure STARDOG_HOME is correct with echo $STARDOG_HOME and the path is correct with ‘which Stardog-admin’. They should point to the same version.

We had controlled the paths. STARDOG_HOME and Stardog-admin are correct and also point to the same version.
After this we still have the described problem.

Are you possibly setting the STARDOG evn variable? You can try clearing the STARDOG and STARDOG_HOME variables with

unset STARDOG_HOME
unset STARDOG

then cd to the 5.3.3 installation directory and then run

export STARDOG_HOME=$(pwd)
./bin/stardog-admin server start

and see if it comes up ok. If it does then there's probably something wrong with how you're setting STARDOG_HOME or STARDOG env variables. Perhaps it's not getting exported? STARDOG_HOME should point to where your license file and data are stored and STARDOG should poijnt to your installation. If you don't set STARDOG they're the same and it uses the value from STARDOG_HOME.

Hopefully that gets you going.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.