How can I insert data from json-ld files?

I’ve got some files containing RDF data serialized as json-ld. Is there a simple way to add json-ld data to a stardog database?

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Assuming your files have a .jsonld or .json extension, stardog data add should accept them as-is. If that’s not the extension, you might be able to pass in --format jsonld but I’m not 100% sure on that.

Hi Peter,

If you are using the Java API, you can format it while streaming it. I couldn’t make it work through the web API.

aConn.add().io().format(RDFFormat.RDFXML).stream(ontologyInputStream);

Hope that helps,
Charbel

That's exactly what I wanted to do, but my version (4.1.1) complains:
No known format matches the file: C:\Users\pneorr\Desktop\scratch-jsonld\default.json

The online docs don't list jsonld as a supported format. :frowning:
404 | Stardog Documentation Latest

Adding --format JSONLD flag causes a different error:
'JSONLD' is not a valid RDF format identifier. Acceptable format strings are NTRIPLES, RDF/XML, TURTLE, PRETTY_TURTLE, TRIG, TRIX, N3, NQUADS.

Adding --format JSON flag does something similar:
'JSON' is not a valid RDF format identifier. Acceptable format strings are NTRIPLES, RDF/XML, TURTLE, PRETTY_TURTLE, TRIG, TRIX, N3, NQUADS.

My short term fix was to use protege to save as turtle. (gag)

Hmm, if changing the filename to a .jsonld extension doesn’t do the trick then I’m not sure you could have done it any other way in 4.1.1. I can confirm that this bug has been fixed some time between then and 4.2.4. At least the .json part. Apologies for the confusion!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.