Importing CSV file

I am trying to import a csv file, but I am getting this error below;
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 6.38.08 PM

Can you please help me understand why?

Hi Eren,
We noticed a similar issue when a UTF-8 byte-order-mark is present in the first column of the CSV file when it's exported from Excel. Are you able to check this? Something like hexdump or xxd would be able to show you the physical bytes of the file.
Jess

Did you download the Excel file and export it to CSV?

Yes, I did download as excel and export it to csv

You will need to remove the first three bytes of the file. This is a known issue and will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Jess

I think I found a way around. If you export as MS-DOS comma separated, it works
thank you!

Glad it's working. Thanks for the update.

I can’t tell from the error message if you’re running Linux or Windows. There are a bunch of ways to do it in Linux so I’ll just leave their SO post here.

If you’re on Windows you can open it in notepad++, set the encoding to utf8 and save the file.

Hope that helps.

For another file, I am getting this error below. Can you help me with this please? I saved as MS-DOS comma separated, but it is not working

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 7.07.54 PM

Can you share the mappings file?

employee.zip (172.6 KB)

Let me try with this file and figure out what's going on.

1 Like

Please let me know if you figure out how to import

I don't know exactly what's causing the problem but if you get rid of all the spaces in the header names you can successfully import your data. The following header line works

Region,Employee_Code,Last_Name,Local_Date_of_Joining,Designation,Status,Market_Unit,SkillList,Location

Interestingly there seems to be two space problems. There were two leading spaces before LAST NAME that I removed and then got a different error. Then I replaced the remaining spaces with and underscore and was successful.

Thank you. It is working now

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.