Is toEmbedded deprecated

Ok, I can't figure this out. I thought I had things working but then I started getting an error "No driver was found which supports the connection string: 'embed://system/' . Am I missing some dependency or something?. I'm a little confused about using the toEmbedded call. Is there any reason why I'd rather use that than just toServer("localhost:5820")?

Ok I think I figured out my own problem but I'm still curios why you would prefer toEmbedded to toServer

Are you talking about AdminConnectionConfiguration.toEmbeddedServer()?

The embedded server works without a TCP connection.

Does it just ignore what you pass to the bind in STARDOG.newServer().bind()? There used to be a SNARLProtocolConstants.EMBEDDED_ADDRESS but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent for http

I'm not sure what you're asking. The connection configuration is about making a connection but Stardog.newServer() is an internal API that creates a server instance. If you want an embedded server you don't need to depend on internal APIs.

The constant URL for the embedded server is a constant because it's not parameterizable. There's only one embedded server accessible at a time. With an HTTP connection, you can connect to any HTTP server, including localhost on 5820, a different port, or a different machine.

Ok, I think I get it now. I don't think I quite understood the difference between creating "Stardog" and then creating "Server'". I think I had always just seen it that way in the examples and money see, monkey do. That clears things up and I've got it all working now. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.