Presto/Trino Database Connection

Hi there,

I am trying to set up a connection through Presto/Trino and it appears Stardog is not picking up the database driver .jar files, as I am getting errors from Stardog stating that it cannot find the driver classes.

Can I confirm with you that I should be using the Generic SQL option in Studio? I have also added these db connection details to a .properties file per the documentation.

I have tried the following .jar files for Presto/Trino:

• presto-jdbc-333.jar .... with jdbc.url=jdbc:presto://
  • trino-jdbc-360.jar .... with jdbc.url=jdbc:trino://

My database properties file contains the following (for the latest Trino driver):

jdbc.url=jdbc:trino://presto-emd-pp.clusterprd.server:443/emd-pp/emd
jdbc.username=[username]
jdbc.password=[passwordredacted]
jdbc.driver=io.trino.jdbc.TrinoDriver
ext.SSL=true
ext.SSLKeyStorePassword=analytics
ext.SSLKeyStorePath=/var/opt/stardog/server/dbms/keyfile.jks

This is the error message I am getting:

sh-4.2$ ./stardog-admin data-source add /var/opt/stardog/cida_trino.properties
Unable to load class: io.trino.jdbc.TrinoDriver from ClassLoader:sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@27f8302d;ClassLoader:java.net.URLClassLoader@2e23ac7d

I am running a Dockerized instance of Stardog on a corporate (bank firewalled) computer. It does not appear that Stardog is recognizing or picking up the .jar files in /server/dbms.

/var/opt/stardog is mounted to this folder on my computer: /host_mnt/c/Users/username/stardog-home

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Carmen,

I know this was addressed through other channels but I just wanted to add a note for future forum readers. We recommend to create a directory on the host to hold the jars, mount an additional volume in docker run using the newly created dir, and declare the STARDOG_EXT env in the docker run command set to the mounted directory containing the jars.

Best,
Jess

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.