Simple question regarding class membership

Hi guys,

I have a class defined in an ontology called ifcowl:IfcWallStandardCase. Now I have several instances of this class.

I want to create a new ontology where the class ccs:Wall is the same as ifcowl:IfcWallStandardCase meaning that the instances of ifcowl:IfcWallStandardCase should also be instances of ccs:Wall.
Also the class ccs:Wall needs to have attached some attributes such as ccs:topNode (a property class) being of value “[L]” etc. And hence the instances of ccs:Wall should also inherit these attributes. Could someone help me with this? I know this is basic stuff, but I would like a correct approach.

ccs:Wall
  a owl:Class;
  owl:equivalentClass ifcowl:ifcWallStandardCase;
  rdfs:subClassOf [
    a owl:Restriction;
    owl:onProperty ccs:topNode;
    owl:hasValue "[L]";
  ]

I believe that's what you're looking for from your description. The use of the phrases "attached some attributes" and "should also inherit these attributes" suggests a more object oriented approach and may cause some confusion in the future. You might want to have a look at A Semantic Web Primer for Object-Oriented Software Developers and OWL 2 Web Ontology Language Primer (Second Edition)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.