Stardog installation failure

Installation for stardog is failing due to error called "The specified service already exists.Failed to install service".Can anyone assist me to resolve this issue

Hi Spoorthy,

Welcome to Stardog Community!

What OS are you running on? Can you let me know which installation tutorial you've been following? You can see the list here: Install Stardog | Stardog Documentation Latest

Did you previously try to install Stardog? It looks like the issue is that you've already installed it and are trying to install it again.

You can check to see if Stardog is running on Windows with sc query Stardog and on Linux with systemctl status stardog.

Best,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I tried installing in windows and followed the document as in website.

I have installed older version ie 8 some months and now tried to install the latest . Now I facing an installation issue stating services already exist

Hi Spoorthy,

In that case, can you try uninstalling the old version and then try installing the new one again from scratch?

Best,
Steve

Yeah dats rite. Could you please help to resolve this issue

I am able to install stardog where I stopped the sevice exists one and then proceed with installation and it is successful.

Now when I m running the command stardog-admin server start it's not showing anything.

I am pretty new to Stardog ,kindly help me to fix this issue ASAP.

Processing: IMG_20240618_124521.jpg…

Please refer the screenshot where installation is successful but the server is not getting started

Hi Spoorthy,

Running Stardog as a Windows service and starting your server with stardog-admin server start are mutually exclusive. Given it's running as a service, you can run stardog-admin server status to confirm your server is running.

That said, support for Stardog on Windows recently was deprecated and is soon to be discontinued. I highly recommend using a supported OS. If you don't have access to one of them, you can create an account at Stardog Cloud and create a Free instance. This will remove all the installation headaches, as we manage the endpoint for you; you'll be able to start using Stardog right away.

Best,
Steve

Hi Steve,

When I running the stardog-admin server start command it's not starting the server as well as not showing any error message. I tried to open the Stardog studio using cloud account where it showing error message as endpoint is not responding. Kindly assist me here to resolve this issue