Unable to connect to Cloud Instance from CLI with google enabled account

I am unable to connect to Cloud instance of stardog from CLI. The account login is via google sign up.

The error message received is authentication failure.

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in responding. Hopefully you have already worked through the details of accessing your Stardog Cloud endpoint using our CLI tools, but I will go ahead and provide an answer here in case others are searching for this answer.

After logging in to your Stardog Cloud account and connecting to your Stardog instance, you need to create a CLI-specific user in the Stardog Studio application.

You will also need to install Stardog (which includes the CLI tools) on your local system.

Once you have created a user/password and you have the CLI tools installed, you can access your cloud instance via the CLI. We provide more info here: Accessing API Endpoint | Stardog Documentation Latest

If you want to run stardog-admin to send a command to your cloud endpoint, then you will need an admin user. The easiest way to create an admin user that you can use with the CLI is to create a new user (for example, cli_admin) in Studio and then assign the cloud role to that user.

Assuming the name of your Free endpoint is sd-12345678, you could then run the command stardog-admin --server https://sd-12345678.stardog.cloud:5820 db list -u cli_admin to get a list of your databases. If you need help with the Stardog CLI commands, please refer to the CLI on-line documentation (for example, db list | Stardog Documentation Latest).

In general, it is a best practice not to create such a powerful user that can be accessed via username/password. If possible, I recommend doing all your admin-level work (like creating databases) in Studio, and then creating a user with the least privileges possible that can be used with the stardog CLI commands (for example, for executing queries).

Regards,

Paul

Hello Paul

Thank you for sharing this information. I have now progressed further than before: I used this link: Windows (Deprecated) | Stardog Documentation Latest
In 'step 5' of this link it suggests that I should have a license! Since I am still on a trial version how do I acquire a license ?

We now provide a free trial version of the Stardog server in our Stardog Cloud platform. This free version of Stardog includes a trial license.

You can install the Windows version of Stardog to get the CLI tools for use on your Windows workstation, but we no longer provide a trial license for on-premise installs of the Stardog server.

After you create your Stardog Cloud account, you will see a button to get a "New Stardog Cloud Endpoint". Push this and select the free option by pushing the "Get Stardog Free" button.

Hello Paul

I have been trying to use the Free Stardog Cloud and I have been having challenges connecting to the EndPoint !

Please assist me with that because I have been unable to connect with local MS SQL server.

Also If am to get a licesence, is it possible that I can purchase a sigle license instead of being forced to get 5 from the onset?

Regards

Your questions are not about using the CLI to access your Stardog Cloud endpoint, so let's move this discussion back to the other ticket where you've been discussing the specific issue of connecting to an external data source from your Stardog Free endpoint.