Virtual graph - "correct" script no more working

Hi,

I had a script that was working propery to RDFize data from an SQL Server database.

But when I run it now from the CLI:

stardog-admin virtual import -g http://mygraph/ myDB my.properties my.ttl

it no more works: the command line seems to hang-on. I can stop the process with a "ctrl+c", and here is what I find in stardog.log:

ERROR 2017-03-09 09:49:26,637 [Stardog.Executor-1162] com.complexible.common.protocols.server.rpc.ServerHandler:exceptionCaught(401): exceptionCaughtServerHandler
it.unibz.inf.ontop.model.OBDAException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Definition not found for table 'LINDAS_Authority'.
at it.unibz.inf.ontop.owlrefplatform.core.Quest.setupRepository(Quest.java:661) ~[stardog-virtual-core-4.2.3.jar:?]
at com.complexible.stardog.virtual.OntopVirtualGraph.createQuest(OntopVirtualGraph.java:325) ~[stardog-virtual-core-4.2.3.jar:?]
at com.complexible.stardog.virtual.OntopVirtualGraph.create(OntopVirtualGraph.java:338) ~[stardog-virtual-core-4.2.3.jar:?]
at com.complexible.stardog.virtual.DefaultVirtualGraphRegistry._add(DefaultVirtualGraphRegistry.java:187) ~[stardog-virtual-core-4.2.3.jar:?]
at com.complexible.stardog.virtual.DefaultVirtualGraphRegistry.add(DefaultVirtualGraphRegistry.java:113) ~[stardog-virtual-core-4.2.3.jar:?]
at com.complexible.stardog.protocols.spec.server.virtual.VirtualGraphServerFunction.handleMessage(VirtualGraphServerFunction.java:84) ~[stardog-virtual-protocols-spec-server-4.2.3.jar:?]
at com.complexible.common.protocols.server.rpc.ServerHandler.lambda$handleMessage$1(ServerHandler.java:311) ~[stardog-protocols-api-server-4.2.3.jar:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_111]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_111]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:1.8.0_111]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:1.8.0_111]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_111]
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Definition not found for table 'LINDAS_Authority'.
at it.unibz.inf.ontop.parser.PreprocessProjection$ReplaceStarFromItemVisitor.visit(PreprocessProjection.java:203) ~[stardog-virtual-core-4.2.3.jar:?]
at net.sf.jsqlparser.schema.Table.accept(Table.java:118) ~[jsqlparser-0.9.1.jar:?]
at it.unibz.inf.ontop.parser.PreprocessProjection$ReplaceStarSelectVisitor.visit(PreprocessProjection.java:130) ~[stardog-virtual-core-4.2.3.jar:?]
at net.sf.jsqlparser.statement.select.PlainSelect.accept(PlainSelect.java:117) ~[jsqlparser-0.9.1.jar:?]
at it.unibz.inf.ontop.parser.PreprocessProjection.getMappingQuery(PreprocessProjection.java:55) ~[stardog-virtual-core-4.2.3.jar:?]
at it.unibz.inf.ontop.owlrefplatform.core.QuestUnfolder.preprocessProjection(QuestUnfolder.java:425) ~[stardog-virtual-core-4.2.3.jar:?]
at it.unibz.inf.ontop.owlrefplatform.core.QuestUnfolder.setupInVirtualMode(QuestUnfolder.java:83) ~[stardog-virtual-core-4.2.3.jar:?]
at it.unibz.inf.ontop.owlrefplatform.core.Quest.setupRepository(Quest.java:609) ~[stardog-virtual-core-4.2.3.jar:?]
... 11 more

Which shows that message:

Definition not found for table 'LINDAS_Authority'.

The table is a View, it is still there in the DB, and when I did run that script a few days ago it was working perfectly.
But unless I am doing something stupid, I did not change anything to any of the files, and I did check that the remote SQL Server is still accessible with no changes.

Edited:

• A trial with the same files (same .properties and same sms file is working properly from another Stardog installation, other computer
  • On that computer with the problem, if I play with the .properties file to give a wrong DB name, or wrong Connection string, or Wrong user/pwd, I get a clear error. I therefore suppose that the connection to the DB works properly.
  • So this is very strange as, as originally described in this post, the same configuration files were working properly one day, and the next day I had this error that lets suppose that the connection to the DB is failing or that the mentioned table/views are non-existent.

Any idea ?
Thank you
Fabian

The ontop FAQ suggests that it a connection url issue. Can you check the connection url in the virtual graph properties file?

Thank you for your help Zachary,

Well, this would be surprising as the property file did not change and it was working 3 days ago.
The connection URL is the same as before, and I can access the DB, using that URL, from other programs as well (but it is not with JDBC).

The URL is still acessible and I can “telnet” it.
But I will try to investigate further to see if there is any connection issue.

If someone has an idea about any other possible problem, that could be helpful.

Thanks
Fabian

Glad I can help. Surprising things happen to the computers I work on all the time. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.