Connection hangs when commiting data using Graph traversal

Hi,

I am using Tinkerpop for traversing some nodes of the dbpedia. The process is the following given a URI expand it on dbpedia a certain level and commit results on Stardog. When expanding without committing changes, there is not problem; data is stored when closing the connection. However when committing, it seems that a connection is not closed. And as a consequence of this the program hangs at a certain point.

2018-01-02 16:55:04 DEBUG PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager:249 - Connection request: [route: {}->http://localhost:5820][total kept alive: 0; route allocated: 20 of 20; total allocated: 20 of 200]

I can see that Tinkerpop Graph supports transactions, and I am using as a configuration AUTO (default). I use g.tx().commit() to commit changes. Is there a specific way to commit changes using tinkerpop and avoid the connection pool problem?

This problem might be related this.

Thanks!

Hi,

What versions of Tinkerpop and Stardog are you using? What kind of object is g in your g.tx().commit() call?

Ohh I am sorry, thanks for your answer.

I am using Tinkerpop 3.0.2-incubating and Stardog 5 (here is my complete POM). g is a org.apache.tinkerpop.gremlin.process.traversal.dsl.graph.GraphTraversalSource, but it should have the same effect as calling tx() from org.apache.tinkerpop.gremlin.structure.Graph.