I don’t have access to a copy of Stardog Studio during the day so I haven’t had a chance to use it too much, usually because I’m just so used to using the webconsole and I don’t think to fire up Studio when I’m at home. So I’m finally getting around to really using it and wanted to make a quick usability suggestion. It’s not a big deal but it would be nice if when you opened a new paragraph it would default to the last used database. Maybe it’s just a habit thing but I keep opening a new paragraph, typing in a query, hitting execute…FAIL. Whoops I didn’t select a database. It also kills the flow, type, type, type, mouse, click, select database, back over to execute. It probably doesn’t help that the database selection pulldown menu is on the opposite side from the “execute” button. I figure if you’re writing queries you’re probably tending to write them against the same database in the same notebook and a query to a different database would be the exception.
I also noticed that the “Rows per page” returns to the default 5 every time you execute the paragraph so you have to keep going back and changing it, “No I said I wanted to see 10 results!!! Arrr”
It would also be nice to get some better error responses. I just get “Error executing query: Bad requests” but have no idea what went wrong.