Problems by installing Stardog

I am trying to install Stardog on my Mac but I get this error, I have followed the steps in the docs and my pc has JAVA 8 and a license-key in the stardoghome
MacBook-Pro-van-Sam:bin samdegeyter$ ./stardog-admin server start
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.google.inject.internal.cglib.core.$ReflectUtils$2 (file:/Users/samdegeyter/stardog-7.0.0/client/api/guice-4.0.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int,java.security.ProtectionDomain)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.google.inject.internal.cglib.core.$ReflectUtils$2
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
WARN 2019-08-23 10:01:23,109 [main] com.complexible.common.memory.PlatformDependent:(144): sun.misc.VM is not available
WARN 2019-08-23 10:01:23,587 [main] com.complexible.common.nio.ByteBuffers:getCleanMethodHandle(187): Unable to access the clean method of the Cleaner class directly
java.lang.IllegalAccessException: symbolic reference class is not accessible: class jdk.internal.ref.Cleaner, from com.complexible.common.nio.ByteBuffers (unnamed module @5bf61e67)
at java.lang.invoke.MemberName.makeAccessException(MemberName.java:942) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup.checkSymbolicClass(MethodHandles.java:2060) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup.resolveOrFail(MethodHandles.java:2032) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup.findVirtual(MethodHandles.java:1200) ~[?:?]
at com.complexible.common.nio.ByteBuffers.getCleanMethodHandle(ByteBuffers.java:184) [stardog-utils-common-7.0.0.jar:?]
at com.complexible.common.nio.ByteBuffers.(ByteBuffers.java:126) [stardog-utils-common-7.0.0.jar:?]
at com.stardog.starrocks.mvcc.DirectTransactionStore.getTransaction(DirectTransactionStore.java:31) [stardog-7.0.0.jar:?]
at com.stardog.starrocks.index.VersionedDatabaseManager.buildMap(VersionedDatabaseManager.java:413) [stardog-7.0.0.jar:?]
at com.stardog.starrocks.index.VersionedDatabaseManager.(VersionedDatabaseManager.java:68) [stardog-7.0.0.jar:?]
at com.stardog.starrocks.NativeStorageKernel.open(NativeStorageKernel.java:274) [stardog-7.0.0.jar:?]
at com.complexible.stardog.index.disk.rocks.RocksIndexModule.getStorageKernel(RocksIndexModule.java:104) [stardog-7.0.0.jar:?]
at com.complexible.stardog.index.disk.rocks.RocksIndexModule$$FastClassByGuice$$55110a28.invoke() [guice-4.0.jar:?]
at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethod$FastClassProviderMethod.doProvision(ProviderMethod.java:272) [guice-4.0.jar:?]
at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethod.get(ProviderMethod.java:172) [guice-4.0.jar:?]
at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory.provision(ProviderInternalFactory.java:81) [guice-4.0.jar:?]
at com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.provision(InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.java:53) [guice-4.0.jar:?]
at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory.circularGet(ProviderInternalFactory.java:61) [guice-4.0.jar:?]

... 33 more

Unable to provision, see the following errors:

1. Error injecting constructor, java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at com.complexible.stardog.StardogKernel.(StardogKernel.java:287)

at com.complexible.stardog.StardogKernel.class(StardogKernel.java:287)

while locating com.complexible.stardog.StardogKernel

while locating com.complexible.stardog.Kernel

Do you have java versions other than 8 installed on this machine, and could this shell be using one of those? This error appears consistent with things that we have seen when trying to start stardog with Java 9 or 11

I have Java12 and that is certainly a possibility. I had just updated it, in fact, so I could upgrade Eclipse. However, JAVA_HOME seems to point to Java8

(base) bonnie@gabbagabba:/usr/lib/jvm/default-java$ printenv JAVA_HOME

/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle

Do I need to do anything else to make sure it starts with Java8?

This email may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

As long as JAVA_HOME is set correctly in the shell that is starting Stardog, you should be good.

As for the move from 5 to 7, you'll want to look in the docs at the Migrating to Stardog 6 section and then Migrating to Stardog 7

What is the output from running java -version?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.