Unable to start Stardog: Ilegal reflective access operation

Hello,

It seems I am unable to start stardog due to the following reason below.
Anybody had a similar issue?

Thank you

Contacting license server......

Email validated. You now have a 60-day Stardog trial license. Starting Stardog...

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.google.inject.internal.cglib.core.$ReflectUtils$2 (file:/Users/charbelk/dev/prog/stardog-7.1.0/client/api/guice-4.0.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int,java.security.ProtectionDomain)

WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.google.inject.internal.cglib.core.$ReflectUtils$2

WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations

WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

WARN 2020-01-02 17:57:49,629 [main] com.complexible.common.memory.PlatformDependent:<init>(144): sun.misc.VM is not available

log4cplus:ERROR Unable to open file: ${STARDOG_HOME}/starrocks.log

WARN 2020-01-02 17:57:50,387 [main] com.complexible.common.nio.ByteBuffers:getCleanMethodHandle(187): Unable to access the clean method of the Cleaner class directly

java.lang.IllegalAccessException: symbolic reference class is not accessible: class jdk.internal.ref.Cleaner, from com.complexible.common.nio.ByteBuffers (unnamed module @7923f5b3)

at java.lang.invoke.MemberName.makeAccessException(MemberName.java:942) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup.checkSymbolicClass(MethodHandles.java:2054) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup.resolveOrFail(MethodHandles.java:2026) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup.findVirtual(MethodHandles.java:1194) ~[?:?]

at com.complexible.common.nio.ByteBuffers.getCleanMethodHandle(ByteBuffers.java:184) [stardog-utils-common-7.1.0.jar:?]

at com.complexible.common.nio.ByteBuffers.<clinit>(ByteBuffers.java:126) [stardog-utils-common-7.1.0.jar:?]

at com.stardog.starrocks.mvcc.DirectTransactionStore.getTransaction(DirectTransactionStore.java:31) [stardog-7.1.0.jar:?]

at com.stardog.starrocks.index.VersionedDatabaseManager.buildMap(VersionedDatabaseManager.java:421) [stardog-7.1.0.jar:?]

at com.stardog.starrocks.index.VersionedDatabaseManager.<init>(VersionedDatabaseManager.java:65) [stardog-7.1.0.jar:?]

at com.stardog.starrocks.NativeStorageKernel.open(NativeStorageKernel.java:306) [stardog-7.1.0.jar:?]

at com.complexible.stardog.index.disk.rocks.RocksIndexModule.getStorageKernel(RocksIndexModule.java:109) [stardog-7.1.0.jar:?]

at com.complexible.stardog.index.disk.rocks.RocksIndexModule$$FastClassByGuice$$55110a28.invoke(<generated>) [guice-4.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethod$FastClassProviderMethod.doProvision(ProviderMethod.java:272) [guice-4.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethod.get(ProviderMethod.java:172) [guice-4.0.jar:?]

at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory.provision(ProviderInternalFactory.java:81) [guice-4.0.jar:?]```

What version JVM are you running? There are probably many reasons you can get this exception but the most likely because you're running it with something other than java 8.

Hi Zachary,

I am running it on java 8.
java version "1.8.0_221"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_221-b11)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.221-b11, mixed mode)

So I managed to start it but when go to http://localhost:5820, I have a pop up where I enter admin/admin but then I get 404 !

Assuming that you're running Stardog 7, we have removed the web console altogether in support of Stardog Studio

Oh I see ! I didnt know that !
It was cool to see the instances of a class by navigating the web console.

I will download the Studio and play around then

Thank you Stephen :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.