Stardog behaving abruptly

Hi Team,

I was using stardog few hours back and it was running perfectly fine. I just restarted my system and now I am not able to log in. I tried starting the server using disable-security option but still it asks me for password.
I tried changing password for user admin and it said user does not exist. I tried creating sdpass.conf in STARDOG_HOME/Application Data/stardog but that also did not work. Not sure what the issue is. There is no error while logging in, it just keeps on asking me for username password again and again!
Would you please help me with the same.

thank you!

As per the logs it says:
com.complexible.stardog.security.ResourceNotFoundException: User admin does not exist.

I am still able to query using studio, but not able to create new databases and access localhost.
stardog-admin user list command gives me “root” as a user

That’s a bit odd. Lets slow down. You’re changing way too many things at one time to narrow it down. First a couple of questions. What version of Stardog are you running? What operating system are you running? (it looks like OSX).

Second. I’d go back and revert all the changes you made, don’t disable security and remove spass.conf. Shutdown Stardog. Double check to make sure there are no Stardog java processes running and that it’s actually stopped. Start Stardog back up. Make sure it’s starting the the installation that you think it is. (which stardog-admin; echo $STARDOG_HOME). There is a possibility that you’re pointing to an old version and you don’t know it, which might happen by accident if you upgrade. You might have set STARDOG_HOME when installing a new version of Stardog but it will pick up an old STARDOG_HOME from your bashrc on a reboot.

Check the logs. Are there any errors or warnings? Try logging in. Does it work? Try logging in from the CLI. Does it work. Check the logs again. What does stardog-admin user list say now that you’ve reenabled security?

I am currently using stardog-5.2.2 on Windows 10 machine.

Second. I’d go back and revert all the changes you made, don’t disable security and remove spass.conf. Shutdown Stardog . Double check to make sure there are no Stardog java processes running and that it’s actually stopped.- - Done.
By backup you mean backup of individual databases? Did not understand this: Make sure it’s starting the the installation that you think it is. (which stardog-admin; echo $STARDOG_HOME).

STARDOG_HOME - is correct. The one i was using earlier too.
It says “authentication failed” when i try to retrieve user list when i reenabled security.
Also, I have another question: If i want to move to latest version of stardog, can i use the existing key that i have in current version?

Thank you!

Sorry, poor wording on my part. When I said “Start Stardog back up.” I meant, “return it to a running state”. Hopefully that’s clearer.

Is the “authentication failed” from the web console? What does it say when you try the CLI? Are there any warnings or errors in stardog.log?

Are you using cygwin?

I don’t really recall if you need a new license for minor revisions but you’ll get a new license anyway when you request the new version of Stardog. You can try starting it up with the old one. It should tell you if you need a more recent version and if you do just use the one provided with your download.

Without credentials, the CLI will use admin/admin unless configured otherwise in a password file. If 'root' is the only user in the system, it's a superuser, so its credentials should allow you to do whatever.

“return it to a running state” - by this i understand starting the stardog server. Let me know if i am wrong here. and sorry about that.
“authentication failed” - this is on command line.

There is a warning: WARN 2018-07-09 10:57:11,096 [main] com.complexible.stardog.Environment:createSpillingDir(126): Spilling directory C:<STARDOG_HOME>.spilling exists and is not empty. Using temporary directory C:<dir>\AppData\Local\Temp\1531148231095-0
and another warning for some database but no error.

Are you using cygwin? - i am sorry, but i am not sure about this.
Will try the that last part!
Thank you!

I am not sure about the credentials of root. But its not letting me login through admin/admin.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.