Please see the following message from Stardog's VP of Product, Navin Sharma:
Hello Stardog Community,
The Stardog v9.0.0 (2023.1) release is filled with new capabilities that you won’t find in any other knowledge graph platform. Delivering expanded access to data (Azure Synapse) and metadata (Collibra, Microsoft Purview) along with faster knowledge graph creation through automated modeling and mapping will help users close the gap between data and insights.
We are pleased to announce that we recently achieved SOC2 Type II compliance which further demonstrates our commitment to robust data security and privacy for our customers and users.
Watch product release webinar here - Stardog Webinar | What's new Stardog v 9.0
And now, here’s a look at the new capabilities in…
Now Stardog supports Synapse which increases the number and fidelity of data connections and removes more barriers so you can take advantage of your data where it already lives.
Quickly and easily harvest all your metadata as part of the Stardog Knowledge Catalog. With prebuilt integrations to Databricks Unity, and now Collibra, Microsoft Purview (preview only), and any JDBC-accessible source, you can search, query, and explore all data assets and create a metadata knowledge graph.
Identify and link similar “entities” (person, customer, supplier, location, product, etc.) across your data with our new Entity Resolution service. Gain a single view of entities for better decision making from Patient 360 to Fraud and Compliance. This new beta service utilizes unsupervised machine learning and external compute resources like Databricks Spark to process large data volumes.
Gain an additional layer of high availability for reads and multi-region disaster recovery with our new support for Geo-replication for high availability which allows you to run read replicas in different geographic regions.
- Automatically create classes based on your project resources with mappings. This means you can start with just a CSV file or a SQL table and Stardog will create your model using that information along with the mappings which results in a full-fledge knowledge graph in fewer steps.
- Define new data sources to your Stardog Endpoint as part of adding project resources saving you time when mapping in new data.
- Bring multiple tables from the same data source into Designer in a single step. This eliminates importing each table separately speeding up the first step in creating virtual graphs.
- Save Queries from Stardog Explorer’s Query Builder. This eliminates the need to re-create queries for visual analysis and allows you to collaborate more efficiently with your team.
- Query Builder also has a new “in” operator which enables you to query for a set of instances. You will also see improved performance for queries which specify instances directly.
- And speaking of query building, you can now use an “Any Class” instance when you are querying for patterns that exist across multiple class types.
As a note, Stardog v9.0.0 requires Java 11. You can read more about this in the migration instructions (Migration Guides | Stardog Documentation Latest) along with a full list of changes in the Release Notes.
Read the Release Notes - Stardog Platform Release Notes | Stardog Documentation Latest
All these updates are available to you as part of the Stardog v.9.0.0 (2023.1) release. If you have any questions, your Customer Success Manager is standing by to help.
Stayed tuned for additional Stardog Cloud announcements later this month!
VP, Product Management