Help, Stardog installation was mistakenly upgraded to version 7

Hi,

I have been running version 5.3.1 on a Community license for 3 years and have some big databases set up. I have no idea what happened but somehow my entire Stardog folder was updated to version 7! I can't run it because I don't have the right license. And I don't want to lose my databases. I cannot imagine what happened. I did update Java using apt-get update about that time, but that shouldn't have pulled in Stardog. This is the strangest thing I have ever seen in all my years on Unix machines.

Anyway, I have no idea what to do now. Is there any way to backtrack to 5.3.1? I don't have the original download files, unfortunately.

thanks,

Bonnie MacKellar
Division of Computer Science, Math and Science
St John's University
Queens, NY
mackellb@stjohns.edu

Did you try to download 7.0 which will give you a 60 days evaluation license. Then you start stardog 7.0 and if you data was indeed migrated you should then be able to export the data in turtle (or you preferred format) and reload it in a 5.3 installation.

Since you appear to be affiliated with a university you can apply for an academic license.

https://www.stardog.com/download-for-education/

Is it still possible to download a 5.3 installation?

This email may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

Would this work for version 7? And if I just moved to version 7, what are the implications? I have a large codebase that works with the data, all written in the most recent version of rdf4j. Would I need to change any of it?

This email may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

One other question - if I were to start up Stardog 7, and the data had not been migrated, would I risk corrupting it? The manual says that a migrate utility should be run before starting Stardog7

stardog-admin server migrate OLD_HOME NEW_HOME

I would rather just reinstall 5.3, but it appears that this version is no longer available for download. So perhaps I should get the
academic license for version 7, and then do the migrate? I am really concerned about losing or corrupting my data.

This is the correct command, and it leaves OLD_HOME untouched. You could also back it up just to be doubly sure.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.