I'm new to stardog, but was able to execute a docker pull:

docker pull stardog/stardog:latest
latest: Pulling from stardog/stardog
Digest: sha256:xxx
docker.io/stardog/stardog:latest

However, when attempting to start Stardog, it seems to bomb out:

docker run -it -p 5820:5820 -v C:/Stardog:/var/opt/stardog stardog/stardog
Thank you for downloading Stardog.
A valid license was not found in /var/opt/stardog.
Would you like to download a trial license from Stardog (y/N)? y
Contacting Stardog...

And there it stops... though I was under the impression that it would prompt for an eMail address allowing me to get a 60 day key. Looking at stardog.log I get:

ERROR 2020-11-22 18:01:27,883 [main] com.complexible.stardog.StardogLicense:main(416): Error during trial license retrieval: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

I'm not sure you're doing anything wrong. I'd give it another try in case it was a temporary problem. Otherwise hold on while someone looks into this. Thank you.

Tried it again, same result as before.

Okay, found a workaround thanks to one of my colleagues. We use a web security gateway, which normally works brilliantly - however, it seems that it is not compatible with the particular way the comms are set-up from Stardog in the container. Temporarily deactivating it allowed me to obtain a key.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.