Warning message on startup of Stardog server on Mac

I get the following warning when I start (stardog-admin server start) 7.7.2 on mac Big Sur v11.6:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.google.inject.assistedinject.FactoryProvider2 (file:/Users/andreaw/Hold/stardog-current/client/api/guice-assistedinject-4.2.3.jar) to constructor java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup(java.lang.Class,int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.google.inject.assistedinject.FactoryProvider2
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your post. Could you please share which version of Java you are using? Can you also please confirm whether the server starts up or not after these warnings are observed?

Thanks,
Noah

Noah, Yes, the server starts and runs fine.

openjdk 11.0.10 2021-01-19
OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.10+9)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.10+9, mixed mode)

Andrea

Seeing the same issue on my macOS Big Sur v11.6 with Stardog v7.7.2.

java version "12.0.2" 2019-07-16
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 12.0.2+10)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 12.0.2+10, mixed mode, sharing)

It is OK to ignore these warnings for now. They're coming from an older version of Guice that stardog is using internally, and will go away when we eventually update it.

I should point out, however, that Stardog is supported only on Java 8 or 11, so since you're using Java 12 we can't guarantee that you won't run into issues there.

Stephen, Thanks. I am on 11 so I will look forward to the update.

Andrea

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.