Stardog Download

hi,
i am new to stardog. I have installed java version 14, then the stardog zip file, when i am trying to run the stardog- server start , i get this output "A valid Stardog license was not found. Please download a trial license or visit https://stardog.com for more information.". It is looking for a license i guess , if any one can help me with the installation of stardog that would be great....

thank you..

Hi Harry, welcome to Stardog.

It should have given you the following prompt after telling you it couldn't find a license Would you like to download a trial license from Stardog (y/N)? Did you not get that?

I believe that the officially supported jvm versions are 8 and 11 although I don't know of any particular reason why 14 wouldn't be ok.

Thank you for downloading Stardog.
A valid license was not found in C:\Users\1686110\stardog-7.4.0.
Would you like to download a trial license from Stardog (y/N)? y
Contacting Stardog...
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.google.inject.internal.cglib.core.$ReflectUtils$2 (file:/C:/Users/1686110/stardog-7.4.0/client/api/guice-4.0.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte,int,int,java.security.ProtectionDomain)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.google.inject.internal.cglib.core.$ReflectUtils$2
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
A valid Stardog license was not found. Please download a trial license or visit https://stardog.com for more information
this is the output which i am getting

can we generate a license key with a seperate command....

There is. These are just warnings but it should prompt you for some further information, name and email address, and download and install the license so it's a little concerning that it's working as expected. If you're having problems at this stage I would expect you to have problems elsewhere.

The command to explicitly request a license is stardog-admin license request but I would suggest trying to run Stardog with a Java 8 or 11 JVM. I personally recommend using sdkman if it's for your local environment and not a production install.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.